With the blight of 1847 hitting last year, I have moved my maters to a different location this year.I plan to still put the crazy bean tree up as well as the cucumber ladder.
I have plans to put the cold frame in the back of the house plant chard/spinach in that and maybe some lettuce as well. I have a strawberry patch that is ready to be pulled out and replanted. With the 300 some plants now over in the big field, I will put a much larger herb garden in as well as a new garlic patch.
I have some left over wood from the chicken coop build to build the cold frame from. I am going to rebuild the coop this summer as I didn't do a very good job the first time. Oh, its well built, but unpractical as a tractor coop.
One of the disadvantages of doing something for the first time is the mistakes that are made along the way that are costly. I will not need to buy more materials, but I bought way to much and over killed building the coop. That money came out of my SS fund and could of been put to use in much better ways. By the time I finished the coop, I was very pleased with the build until I tried to move it. That became a nightmare and so this spring, armed with a new design, I will build something more practical.