Friday, January 28, 2011

Pumping Oil For Cash Money, Get Paid The Big Money, Being Self Sufficient..

The picture I am about to share is a photo of my friends oil well here in eastern PA. As we talked about it, he explained how he put it in, found the oil, and getting paid cash for the end product.
When we began to talk about how much he was making, I thought he was telling me a little white lie... I was floored when he told me he was pumping 30 barrels a week!!! He is getting paid 65.00 a barrel!! That totals $1950.00 cash a week!!! A week!!!
Although his set up is in a remote area, without great tires on my Hummer, I would have gotten stuck. Now just to mention about his primitive set up, it was quite practical and ran well. Using a old lawn mower, a few gears attached and welded to the axle, he was pumping a very green/yellow oil from the ground. The color was almost a chartreuse  fishing lure color, and the odor was awful but nothing less, something to be desired.
He uses a old tanker truck wagon thing he made and his big John Deere tractor to transport the liquid back to his shop to be sold to a wholesaler... It does seem dangerous though, because he fills his bull dozer with the stuff for fuel!!
Now this project is one I wish I could have done/do!! This is in many ways a self sufficient way to gain for your land.
I asked what his original start up cost was, he estimated it was around 4k..... Then he dropped the bomb on me..... He has sold as of that day over 12,000 barrels over the years!!!! I was like... I could be self sufficient on that income for sure!!! That is over a three quarters of a million dollars.... He does pay taxes, and uncle sam knows all about it... Honest fellow...
I am thankful for the many blessings in my life, for sure. But as a person wanting to be self sufficient, this would have been a blessing of a different kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment