Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Zucchini Bread Recipe


Zucchini Bread Recipe

2 Eggs
3 cups grated Zucchini
1.5 cups of Oil
3 cups of Sugar
4 cups of Flour
1 cup of Raisins 
1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1.5 teaspoon of Nutmeg plus a pinch
1.5 teaspoon of powdered Ginger plus a pinch
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of Molasses

Optional 1 Cup of chopped nuts (suggested)

Grate the Zucchini allowing it to drain in a strainer for only 5 minutes then place into bowl. You will need the extra moisture later on, so dump the Squash in the mixing bowl.

Mix Eggs, Zucchini and oil well. Sift Sugar, Flour, Baking Power and Soda, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon and add to liquid then add Molasses and Raisins. Then add optional nuts and mix well.

Grease and flour two loaf pans, split dough into two pans, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or 75 minutes. Allow to cool on bread rack or two wooden spoons. Remove serve warm or at room temperature with Butter or Cream Cheese.

7 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I'm making it today. I hope I don't eat it all myself, but no promises~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally the famous recipe.....okay will make and enjoy immediately! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be very good. Is it 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it. Ginger and Molasses must be the secret to your success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me if you grate the whole zucchini or peel and take seeds out? I have never cooked with zucchini-but your recipes have made me rethink that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grate them with a standard grater however I do remove the seeds. It is worth the effort to try this recipe, you'll be shocked how good this really is!! Jason

      Delete
  6. I love zucchini bread! I make mine with half zucchini, and half summer squash. Never thought to put ginger in it though! That'll have to go in my next batch!

    ReplyDelete